Our Year 2 children are really enjoying their weekly tennis coaching sessions by Elstead Village Tennis Club. Whatever the weather they are improving on their balls skills with great enthusiasm. A big thank you to EVT Club!
Dear Parents and Carers
As I am sure many of you will have seen over the weekend, there have been media reports about Coronavirus in the UK and in Surrey, and many of you will be concerned. I can assure you that we are taking the situation seriously but that we do not need to cause undue alarm. It is important for the children that we remain calm, sensible and work together as a school community to follow the national guidance.
The advice to us from Public Health England and Surrey County Council remains the same and is as follows:-
1) Where a suspected case has been in a childcare or educational setting, there is no need to close the setting or send other learners or staff home.
2) Even if there is a confirmed case in your childcare or educational setting, in most cases, closure of the childcare or education setting will be unnecessary and advice would be provided by Public Health England.
3) As always, everyone should continue to promote good hand and respiratory hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze, then bin the tissue and wash your hands (or use a sanitiser gel).
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Remember, if you have any direct medical concerns, to contact NHS 111.
The Department for Education have set up a Coronavirus helpline (tel 0800 046 8687) for queries relating to schools and other educational establishments in England. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
Please be assured that when there is a confirmed case, Public Health England (PHE) use the method of contact tracing to prevent the infection spreading further. Please see below to link below to find out more about contact tracing: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/02/13/expert-interview-what-is-contact-tracing/
For further information, please see www.nhs.uk/coronavirus and ‘Guidance to educational settings about COVID-19’ https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
Mrs N Payne
A little note from myself Christian.
I am really excited to have taken over this site and will be dropping bits into the newsletter to update parents on what their children could be getting involved with. As of the week commencing the 13th of May we will be commencing two themed days, Tuesdays will be cooking where I will be attempting to make some yummy snacks with the children and Tapas Thursdays that will consist of an hour long Spanish lesson and Span-ish style snack. Pancake Fridays in the morning will also be coming soon so watch out for that, as who wouldn’t love a pancake before school. Also there will be sports and Arts theme of the week running alongside this. Next weeks will be Invasion games and Weather theme. For any questions please feel free to pop in and have a chat.
Soon we will be looking to appoint new Parent Governors for Witley Infant School.
If you would like to know more about the role or would like to express your interest, please do contact Mrs Turner via the school office.