Pupil and Sports Premium
Pupil Premium and funding for Looked-After Children
The Pupil Premium is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) in both mainstream and non-mainstream settings and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months. This also includes pupils eligible for FSM at any point in the last six years (known as the Ever 6 FSM measure).
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However we will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. We are required to publish online information about how we have used the Premium, which ensures that parents and others are made fully aware of how it has been distributed, and the extra support that the pupils received.
If you feel you may be entitled to Pupil Premium, please refer to the application form:
Sports Premium funding is allocated so that schools are able to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport that are offered.
The premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the existing PE, physical activity and sport activities that is offered in school
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements that are made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following ways:
- to ensure the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- to raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- to increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- to broaden the range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- to increase participation in competitive sport